Kittitas Depot, 1909

The Kittitas Depot is an attractive building overlooking the rail yards that once ran through Kittitas WA.  It has a heritage designation that notes an asbestos shingled roof among many other attractive features.

The town was incorporated in 1884 in anticipation of the Northern Pacific being built through the area.  That railroad chose a different route, but Kittitas was then able to exploit the coming of the Milwaukee Road a few years later. The railway supported a meat packing company, potato warehouses, and grain storage facilities until its abandonment in 1980.


Post a Comment